Directions to Mingus Mountain Camp
From Las Vegas:
From Flagstaff / Cottonwood:
- From I-17 South take a cut-off road to get to Cottonwood.
- The first option (and less mileage) is to take exit 293 and drive West through Cornville.
- The second option is to take Hwy 260 at Camp Verde and drive West to Cottonwood.
- Follow Hwy89A to Jerome.
- Drive 9 miles beyond Jerome on 89A and you’ll see signs for Mingus Recreation Areas.
- At the crest you’ll find the “summit picnic area/paved parking lot” and see a row of mailboxes at the turn-off on the left. Turn LEFT and follow signs to Camp Mingus – 2 miles.
- At 1.5 miles you’ll come to more signage indicating a right turn for Cherry/Mingus Springs. Continue STRAIGHT, following signs to Camp Mingus. Pass a large wildlife meadow on the left, a small fishing pond on the right and you’ll find our camp on the left.
- Take the second entry road and further signage will indicate where to check-in or unload.